Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ciao



Brett and I will be gone from the 18th through the 27th. To where?

Italy.

Here's some background as to why this is so HUGE:

1. Brett and I haven't been out of the country like this before. We've both been to Canada and Mexico. I've been to the Carribean and Jamaica, but we're talking across the ATLANTIC. (Yes I'm nervous about that plane ride.)

2. My family and Italy. Well there's a post all by itself. My Dad, Uncle and Brother all went on missions to Italy. My Dad - Milan, my Uncle - Rome and my brother - Catania. (which isn't even a mission anymore!) Because of this, all four of my father's children know some questionable phrases in Italian. I also took two semesters of Italian in college. Italy is huge. Do I remember anything useful? Nope. But I'm pretty confident in my menu-reading skills so we'll see how it goes. And if anyone gets in my face I'll be able to pull out some good-ole' phrases from my youth. (I have a mouth like a sailor in Italian.)

3. Um - It's ITALY. Hello? Talk about your once-in-a-lifetime vacations! I'm going to take so many pictures it's sick.

4. I've always said I will visit Italy before I die. It is literally on my "Things to do before you die" list. I remember saying to my Dad - "I'll go there one day." And he said, "No you won't." Punk. But I'm going now! The amount of jealousy between my Dad and brother is almost tangible. Not only did they both live there for two years but they went back in 2004. This is my first time ever so they can zip it. My dad, uncle and brother have all given useful tips and warnings about certain places and where to find the best everything.

I'm so excited I could pee a little. I'm checking off a task of my Life List, you guys! Now if I can just keep Brett and his cousin from causing some sort of international incident while we're there - I can come home one happy girl!

(You can roll your eyes, Brett and Shane, but you know you're both fully capable of causing quite a stir.)

1 comment:

  1. One place I have not been and I'm so so so jealous!!!!! Have so much fun and say Ciao Bella a lot!

    ReplyDelete